November 9 – 11, 2009
Barradas Hotel (www.hotelbarradas.com.uy)
Rio Branco and Francia Street (Nine stop Mansa Beach)
Punta del Este
ALABAT Executive Board. E-mail:
Multi Tissue Bank of Uruguay
Italia Avenue s/n (URUGUAY)
Fax: 00598 – 2- 4877472
MINISTERIO DE SALUD PÚBLICA - INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE DONACIÓN Y TRASPLANTE (INDT)
UDELAR. FACULTAD DE MEDICINA
Under the auspices of
PRESIDENCIA DE LA REPÚBLICA
MINISTERIO DE INDUSTRIA, ENERGÍA Y MINERÍA
MINISTERIO DE TURISMO Y DEPORTES
INTENDENCIA MUNICIPAL DE MALDONADO
ORGANIZACIÓN INTERNACIONAL DE ENERGÍA ATÓMICA (OIEA)
The Latin American Tissue Banking Association promotes and disseminates at academic level the discipline and the development of tissues and cells preservation of biological origin for therapeutic purposes.
In this context, the ALABAT organizes the Fourth Congress with the objective of achieve consensus criteria in different areas concerning to this activity, as well as coordinate the Scientific Technical strategies for the best outreach and support to the operating conditions of installation, development and growth of centers in this specific activity.
With the concurrence of Physicians, Nurses, Technologists, Biologists, Biochemists and Engineers, both regional and international, topics will be developed on common interest areas:
Quality management system
Controls and security
Physical area and facilities
Equipment and maintenance
Legal and Regulatory issues
Ethics and deontology
Héctor Pérez Campos
María del Carmen Saldías
María del Carmen Acosta
President: Inés Álvarez (Uruguay)
Vice-president: Oscar Schwint (Argentine)
Secretary: Héctor Pérez Campos (Uruguay)
Treasurer: María del Carmen Saldías (Uruguay)
General Coordinator: José Navas (Colombia)
Scientific Committee members by country:
Adrián Gorla (ARGENTINE)
Rosana Reis Nothen (BRAZIL)
María Teresa Ogrodnik (CHILE)
Camilo Soto (COLOMBIA)
Eddie Sanchez Noda (CUBA)
María Esther Martínez Pardo (MEXICO)
Emma Castro (PERU)
Olga Wodowóz (URUGUAY)
Aída Sandoval (VENEZUELA)
- Procurement and coordination of tissue donors.
- Operation in Tissue Banks, quality and security management
Academic accreditation: Universidad de la República (UDELAR)
Current Status of Tissue Banks in Latin America
Bioethics and the vision to the discipline of tissue banks
Consensus of guidelines for the preparation of a protocol on procedures for Tissue Banks in Latin America
Models of indicators for the Quality Management in Latin America
Activity format: workshops, and discussion in plenary consensus.
ADVANCES IN TISSUE BANKING AND ITS PROJECTION IN LATIN AMERICA
- Its projection in the development of tissue banks in the region.
- From basic research to Translational application.
- New disciplines and the link between the Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
- Validation as a tool, an update of criteria in Latin America
- Criteria and viability technicals.
- Functional and imaging allograft tests.
- Contributions of new techniques for evaluating processed tissues
- Advances in bone tissue quality control
- Criteria and risk assessment
- Gamma sterilized tissues
- Cell culture and its development
- Cells and tissues: the culture as a nexus
- Feeder Layer: substrates such as tool
- Techniques and criteria for cell viability in culture
- Experience in the use of Allografts. The clinical impact of tissue banks in region
- Applications and results by tissue
- Contributions and exchanges with the surgeons
- Free communications
- Communications of work and tissues developed researches
- Posters room
- Oral presentation section